Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Day 70

70 days of sound! Still surprised by the things I am hearing. I went to my first not captioned movie, I went to see "A Lot Like Love" and I was able to hear most of it. I am having trouble with missing things because the processor does not recover fast enough after loud sounds cause the compression to kick in.

Today I have had a dull throb ear ache, nothing bad, I just feel a little off.
I watched "Ray" this evening and I enjoyed music for the first time. Music is one of the few things I have found I don't like through the ci. It just isn't very good, let's hope it gets better.
Oh! And the taste bud thing :o( NOTHING taste right. This is because they cut through one of the five taste bud nerves during surgery. I am shocked at how hard this part has been. Everyone told me I would get use to it. Well it's not happening for me. I am even gaining weight because of it! I just keep eating hoping that I will find something that taste normal. ;~) (Are you buying it?) Sound was, by all means, worth the deranged taste, it's just a part of my journey that I felt I should share. It is a blah taste, like you drank milk an hour ago. (I hate milk!) I still love my green tea and chi tea, things with lots of flavor taste best to me. Water with lime taste better to me than plain or lemon.

No comments: