Thursday, May 19, 2005

Star Wars

We just attended an opening day showing of the new Star Wars movie. It was so good to hear it, there is a animal in it that sounded like a sick turkey to me, when I asked Mark what it sounded like to him, he said the same.
This past weekend we went to a lake cabin and I really enjoyed all the sounds of nature, mostly the night sounds. I heard a few different frogs, crickets and many birds, it was a wonderful time. We stayed outside way past dark and I could still hear to converse. I also bought some CD's of old radio shows, "I love a mystery" and family classics, which we listened to. I understood some and hope to listen to them more as a form of auditory training.
Today I went to Maryville to have lunch with a new friend who is on the road toward getting herself a cochlear implant. Laurie is so excited and it's been fun to remember myself at that stage. I pray she does as well or better than I have, I know she will. She took me to the neatest little place for lunch and then a great knitting shop. Thanks for a pleasant time Laurie.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

My husband wants to see Star Wars, too. I told him to go ahead without me since I cannot enjoy movies until they come out in video so I can watch them in close captioning. Maybe that will change soon after I get my CI!!! Love ya!