Friday, February 18, 2005

Baby steps

Yesterday was day 3 of sound and I slipped a little from cloud 9, but not far. Had lunch with a good friend in a very noisy restaurant and I experienced pain and throbbing in my inner ear. By the time evening came my neck and jaw were so tense. I believe we have the comfort (c-level)set to high. I go Monday for another mapping. I guess I can always take a weekend break from sound but.... Naaaah... It's not that bad! I still love it, I will just stay out of loud places for now.
Today Seth, out of the blue came and told me how happy he is to be alive. I was washed by his voice and words as well as his sentiment and I thought "Me too, son. Me too." I can't wait to listen and walk, listen and run, listen and fly, listen and live -- again! Some times I am embarrassed by the fact that I let myself pull back so far from the person I once was. I am seeing more clearly how strong a person I really am, and forced retreat is not something I plan on allowing.

No comments: