Monday, February 21, 2005

Second mapping

Tomorrow will be a week and this is really hard. I feel so overwhelmed with all the noise I am hearing. They said that I would not have the pain that I had with hearing aids and I don't but there is still something that is at the brink of pain. Scary thought, what if it me??? What if I just hate sound--what if I just want selective sounds? Hey, you know how I wanted to hear the birds. Well I hear them, all the time!!! Even when they are not around. My tinnitus is going crazy, but at least it sounds like pretty birds.
We change program 1 and left program 2 alone. I seemed to do ok with the new one until I changed back to the old one and having it to compare to lets me know that it was not so bad. I go back next Monday so will work with both to see the pros and cons of each.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,
Hi! I just wanted to send you a note of encouragement as you adjust to this noisy world. Foxxy from CIHear shared the good news of your recent CI surgery with me. I know you must be overwhelmed by all you hear right now. I remember feeling a lot of mixed emotions about adjusting to sounds those first weeks. But now at 21 months post-activation--everything seems a lot quieter. I am so happy you were able to get the CI! Do try to give yourself a lot of time to nap & relax this first year with your CI.

Sincerely,
Valerie (aka BunEWabbit)
bilateral Med-El
activation 5-19-03

p.s. we met at the Atlanta Convention in 1993-just a few short weeks after my CI activation.