Sunday, February 27, 2005

Two weeks of sound

What a busy week I have had, full of sound. Things have calmed down since my last mapping, I still can't handle as much volume as they say I should but I think I am doing great. We had a few beautiful days last week and I loved being outside with my CI. I could hear so many things. Iko and I went for a walk and I could hear the leaves under his feet. The birds sang and sang for me. I stopped by the creek and listened to the water, many times I was almost brought to tears. Cars are still sneaking up on me, but once they are close to me they seem really loud.
I went to a doctors office and the reception desk was out of sight from the waiting room. They called my name to update records and I heard them! It was so great! They called out a few other names and I did not understand them but I got mine and that's all that mattered.
On Friday, I went to auditory training and it went well. I have a female doing the therapy which is my biggest challenge but greatest blessing. I will be going twice a week for training and tomorrow I go for my third mapping. I also used the phone last week and did pretty well. I am working with books on tape but I still have to follow along with the book to know what is being said.
Now a beauty note, I got my hair cut yesterday. Not much, but I wanted to find a better way to wear it, to hide the processor. I don't mind people seeing it, but I do mind them staring. Mark said they are just trying to figure out how my new phone works and how they can get one, lol.
I am going to be posting when ever I have a ci moment to share, but I am finding more and more that I am to busy listening to be on the computer. Oh I almost forgot we were working on the baseboards and Mark went in the garage, I was up stairs and I heard him using the saw. I could tell when he was cutting and when he stopped. I also heard his beeper, he has been on call for 18 years and I have never heard his beeper before.

No comments: